So often in our lives we dream of things we want to do and wished we’d done, but don’t. Then we blame it on the life we’re currently living and how we don’t have time, or our day job takes up so much of our energy. The thing is your fear will always act as an anchor to your current position in life. Leading you down the same path over and over again because you find comfort in certainty. You will learn the same lessons over and over again, and stunt your personal growth.
Everything worthwhile is on the other side of that fear. Meaning you need to put one foot in front of the other. It’s no good to just have the intention, you need to act on it. Everything you desire requires you to feel that discomfort, have courage and commit to it.
BUT its common not to recognize that we’re even stuck in our comfort zone. How do we know if we are?
- You might be resentful of people that are living their best life
- You become negative when you see others stepping out of their comfort zone “I can’t do that because I’m not….”
- You could be afraid of commitment because it takes too much courage and uncertainty. Plus there are too many “what ifs”.
- You look back and life hasn’t really changed much, whether its emotionally, physically, mentally or spiritually. We should always be growing.
- Your network hasn’t grown in a positive way. If you’re not meeting new people that help you grow then you’re not growing! Because if you were you would be attracting new people who help the process.
- Your pay check is the same as it was years ago. You’re in your comfort zone because you don’t have the courage to tell people what your worth.
- You can’t remember the last time you tried something new.
- You procrastinate often
- You doubt yourself regularly
- You’re not happy in your relationship over something that could be solved over a simple conversation. E.g. not spending enough time together.
This is your wake up call. Embodying courage is how we grow. Someone once told me “It only takes 5 seconds of insane confidence”. Courage changes your life by enabling you to do what you want and live your life to the fullest. Don’t let fear get in the way of the one life you get. What’s scarier than fear itself?
Team TBM xx